The aims of lymphoedema treatment are to assess the affected limbs, and then reduce oedema and to maintain the improvement. This includes the alleviation of associated symptoms, prevention of infection and improvement in movement and quality of life.
What we do
Our specialist Lymphoedema therapists will assist you with the management and treatment of your Lymphoedema.
We provide education, early intervention strategies which will empower you to apply these skills in your everyday life.
Our treatment programs include , manual lymphatic drainage, laser and exercise programs, skin care, lymph taping, compression bandaging and garment prescription.
Treatments provided may include:
- Bio-impedance measurement with an L-Dex machine
- Manual lymphatic drainage
- Skin care
- Compression garment prescription and fitting
- Lymphoedema bandaging
- Acute management strategies for respiratory issues
- Coban compression bandaging
- Compression pumps
- Laser therapy and exercise