The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) a pandemic. The information on this page contains advice for our patients in regards to the ongoing management of their pain, injuries and conditions during this time.
In order to maintain social distancing and to follow the ‘Stay Home’ advice from the NSW Government, we will be minimising our face to face consultations until further notice. The general health and wellbeing of our patients has always been the main focus here at Therapy Services Physiotherapy and while COVID-19 places an added level of complexity on patient care, our priority will always be with the health and safety of our patients and staff.
For more information regarding COVID-19 please click here.
The Australian Government Department of Health defines Telehealth as the ‘use of telecommunication techniques for the purpose of providing telemedicine, medical education, and health education over a distance.’
For example, the use of your computer or mobile phone to participate in a video call with your healthcare professional.
To ensure patients receive the ongoing management they require, Therapy Services Physiotherapy is offering Telehealth during this time.
A Telehealth consultation with a physiotherapist can involve:
- A detailed subjective interview to diagnose and/or progress the patients condition
- An objective assessment that may require patients to complete certain movements and self-assessment for the physiotherapist to see via the video call
- Advice and education, including activity modification, self management strategies and home exercises
- Review and progression of home rehabilitation program
- Discussion regarding the ongoing management and plan for the patients condition
For more information regarding Telehealth, other appointment types and fees, please contact us.